The Greek roots of the word photography translate as "writing with light." Welcome to my studio--a place to practice and illuminate good work using writing and photography.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Undo

I want an undo option on the keyboard of my life. Not for big stuff, but for small, mindless typos dotting my page. When I scrape my knuckle on the bathroom drawer it will unfold the warped flap of skin and before my eyes lay it back down healed. When I blurt out words that should be kept to myself, it will suck them back as if through a straw to the moment just before their utterance. When I drop a capless permanent marker that skids across my pant leg and lands tip down on my shoe it will rewind the action, leaving the surfaces clean and the pen back in my hand in time for me to add the cap. When I turn too sharply in the spiraling parking structure and scrape my van on an interior wall, it will replay the action with me two inches in the clear. My undo key must be hidden and safe; perhaps my armpit so I don't accidentally undo the undo, and break my nail in the frenzy.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I prefer Fast Forward...otherwise my life would be stuck on Pause all the time. Too much to Undo!

    ReplyDelete