The Greek roots of the word photography translate as "writing with light." Welcome to my studio--a place to practice and illuminate good work using writing and photography.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The very popular forget-me-not


Did you hear the one about the knight walking along the river with his lady when he bent down to pick some blue flowers and lost his balance wearing all that metal, causing him to fall into the river. As you might guess, before being swept away, he tossed the flower to his lady on shore and shouted "forget-me-not." It's a popular tale about how the forget-me-not got its name. Come to find out, though, there are at least 4 versions of the story of origin, in 4 different tongues. “Ne m’oubliez pas,” "no me olvides," "non ti scordar di mé," and "vergessen Sie mich nicht," called the French, Spanish, Italian, and German soldier.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment