The Greek roots of the word photography translate as "writing with light." Welcome to my studio--a place to practice and illuminate good work using writing and photography.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Hope for a weary heart


Bent little snowdrops
faces mud-splashed by the rain,
freckled blade to blade.

Snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis) have arrived at Peg's, the signal of the start of spring, a symbol of hope.

According to Christian legend, the snowdrop assumed fame when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden. When Eve was about to give up hope that the cold winters would never end, an angel appeared and transformed some of the snowflakes into snowdrop flowers, proving winters do eventually give way to the spring.


While there were taxes and noxious weeds shoulding me, my muse insisted I take the Nikon and tripod and find hope for my weary heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment