The Greek roots of the word photography translate as "writing with light." Welcome to my studio--a place to practice and illuminate good work using writing and photography.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Inhaling the neighborhood



Instead of cradling my backside in a seat warmer,
I donned cable knit wool gloves, my favorite down vest
And something to cover my ears,
And made myself walk the quarter mile to the grocery store.

I traipsed up the hill, dragon breath vapor in stride.
Mist clung to my naked face like cold wet socks.
Small birds jumping among inky branches silhouetted the grey sky.
A v-shaped gaggle of geese honked encouragement above.
The two-stroke engine of a neighbor’s leaf blower polluted from Bella Street.
The train’s whistle announced arrivals to Main St. across the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment