The Greek roots of the word photography translate as "writing with light." Welcome to my studio--a place to practice and illuminate good work using writing and photography.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Good morning Button Buck

Good morning Button Buck
Mind if I finish my breakfast while we chat?

You’re out a little later than usual

I do hope you’ll watch for cars.

Say, you know creatures are welcome

here, and we love seeing you. 

You're aware we replaced the invasive plants 

with native ones

so you and others have food and shelter 

and a place to raise your young. 

And you know Ms. Doe and her children, right?

I consider it a pleasure to leave the strawberries 

and the peace rose for them as a treat.

And for the most part I look away 

when she and the girls strip fireweed stocks, 

even when they chomp off the pink flowers on top. 

But could you ask her to leave

the red twigged dogwood for me?

It’s been three years now, 

and I have yet to see its leaves

or flowers 

or berries. 

The red twiggy branches are lovely, 

don't get me wrong, 

but just once 

I'd love to see its full bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment